Baking soda is one of the most useful things to have in the pantry. It’s also known as sodium bicarbonate and its chemical compound is NaHCO3
Thirteen Uses for Baking Soda
1. As an ingredient in cakes such as carrot cake or chocolate cake. Yum!
2. Sprinkle baking soda and spray over white vinegar to clean kitchen sinks.
3. Clean and whiten teeth – wet brush and dip in baking soda. Sprinkle over a little lemon juice and brush teeth as normal. You can use baking soda without the lemon juice, but I like the taste.
4. Add baking soda to the bath to relieve itchiness from chicken pox or measles.
5. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with your shampoo to remove product buildup in your hair.
6. Clean a burnt pot with a mixture of baking soda and water. Soak overnight.
7. Use a little baking soda on a damp cloth to clean and deodorize your fridge.
8. Sprinkle on carpet and vacuum up to deodorize.
9. Mix some with a little oatmeal and use as a facial scrub.
10. Remove strong odors from your hands by washing with baking soda and water.
11. Put a small container of baking soda in the fridge to absorb odors.
12. Put a small container of baking soda and add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil to use as a room freshener.
13. Sprinkle some in your cat litter boxes to help absorb the odor
I use baking soda all the time in my cleaning and cooking.
Do you use baking soda often? Do you have any added uses for baking soda?