Singapore is a small island country with a big heart and presence. Around 45 km west to east and 25 km from north to south, the population is densely packed. I’ve visited Singapore three times now, usually on the way to another final destination since Singapore is around ten hours flight from New Zealand and makes a great stopover.
But those people who don’t spend time in Singapore are short-changing themselves because it’s a great holiday destination in its own right.
Five Reasons to Visit Singapore
1. It’s a safe, clean and friendly place to visit. Definitely easy to get around on your own.
2. The food is delicious! Dine on Chinese, Indian, Malay or stick to something more familiar. Dining out is a treat for the taste buds.
3. Retail therapy. No matter what you want to buy you’ll find goods ranging from designer to bargains in the older market areas.
4. The international airport – Changi Airport is one of the nicest and most interesting airports to visit. Save some shopping time for the airport too.
5. A wide range of attractions to visit and things to do for all age groups. Ride on the Singapore Flyer. Visit the renowned Singapore zoo or Jurong Bird Park. Have a Singapore sling at Raffles Hotel. Take a walking tour around the old parts of the city or laze away the day on Sentosa Island. The choice is endless.
View of the City from the top of the Singapore Flyer
Morning Tai Chi at the botanical gardens
Singapore River, lined with restaurants and pubs
Sultan Mosque and surrounding market stalls
Singapore really is an exciting and vibrant place to visit, and I’m looking forward to the next time we can fit it into our travel itinerary.
Have you or would you like to visit Singapore? Does it appeal to you as a destination?
You had me at safe. Not that I generally hang out in places that aren’t or that I avoid anywhere, really. But it’s nice to know.
We wandered around quite late at night and felt incredibly safe. It really is a fun place to visit.
I’ve never been there but I loved the pictures. I’ll just travel vicariously through you. lol
That’s fine, Mary. Enjoy :)
I hope you get a chance to visit one day soon.
Have never been, but you certainly make it sound like a fun place to visit.
It is a fun place. If you ever have the chance to visit, grab the opportunity.