Signs that summer and Christmas are really on the way…
1. Some of our native pohutukawa trees have burst into flower. The trees growing near the sea have started to flower and the others closer to our home should start flowering soon. The pohutukawa tree is known as New Zealand’s Christmas tree.
2. Daylight saving has kicked in and our days are longer. We’re starting to take the puppy for a walk after dinner.
3. All the local malls have put up their Christmas decorations.
4. I heard Snoopy’s Christmas (one of my fave Christmas songs) for the first time today.
5. I received an email from one of my favorite cafes telling me I’ll receive a free muffin since it’s my birthday. My birthday is at the beginning of December and slap-dab in summer.
6. Some days it’s hot enough to wear shorts. Now all I have to do is make sure my legs are silky smooth!
6. The strawberries are ready to pick. Yum!
What is the first sign of summer for you? And if you’re in the Northern hemisphere – what is the first sign of winter for you?
I saw this and had to remember that it’s summer for you there. It’s finally cooling down here. The first signs of winter for me are being able to take the air conditioner out of the bedroom window and keep the window open all night.
Ah, that would be a biggie for you. It gets so hot where you live! I’m lucky enough to be able to keep the doors and windows open pretty much year around.
We’re in Winter here too. Shutting down the AC. The flip flops having to be put in the closet and “real shoes” coming out. lol In my area the trees change colors then drop all of their leaves. It’s gorgeous! And then quite messy to clean up. lol
That is a stunning tree! Yay for birthday muffins :D