We’re ringing in the New Year with lots of giveaways! And by sharing some fun and wacky facts about ourselves. There’s a new giveaway at each stop so be sure to visit them all!
Six Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
1. I cycle most days, and I enjoy it, which is a continual source of amazement. I ended up with a bicycle under protest about five years ago—the first one I’ve ever owned. Although I knew how to ride a bike, I was about as steady as a new born baby giraffe. A danger to myself and everyone else.
My husband purchased a bike for each of us, said it would be good exercise and we should take advantage of the miles of cycle/walking paths in the area. Fast forward five years, and hubby’s bike lives in the shed while mine gets an outing most days. Yep, color me amazed. Oh, and my riding has improved!
2. You’ll never find me lounging in pyjamas and dressing gown. The minute I get out of bed in the morning, I get dressed and make the bed.
3. When I first started thinking about a career, I wanted to be a vet since I love animals so much. Then, I realized I’d need to wield a scalpel and there might be blood. That sent me in the direction of banking/accounting. No blood there, but oh so boring. My current career of writing is much more fun. I can write about blood, talk about blood but I don’t have to see it. That makes all the difference.
4. I dislike driving and would rather walk or catch the bus or train. I’m a very capable driver, and I’ve just renewed my driving licence, but there are so many idiots out there on the road. It’s a scary place!
5. Birds freak me out a little. I can look at them, watch them in their natural habitat for ages, but the second they flap near my head, I’m out of there. A legacy of a budgerigar we had as children. It also used to poop on our hair, but it was a pretty blue color.
6. Travel is my middle name, and luckily my husband shares my love of exploring the world. If we’re not away from home, we’re busy planning our next trip. Only lack of money slows us down! A lot of the things I see and experience find their way into my romance novels.
Go into a draw to win a $5 Amazon Gift Card. Just complete the rafflecopter below and answer the question (in rafflecopter) in the comments section of my blog to go into the draw. Good luck!
To visit other stops on the Hello, My Name is blog hop, follow the links below:
WINNER – Veronica – comment 54.
Congratulations, Veronica. I’ve emailed you about your prize.
Thanks to everyone for visiting and commenting on my post.
Happy New Year.