This morning the announcers on my favorite local radio station were talking about the top ten lies that men and women tell their spouses, girlfriends and boyfriends. I thought the topic would make an interesting topic for my Thursday Thirteen.
Thirteen Lies Men and Women Tell
1. Both Women and Men: Nothing’s wrong. I’m fine.
2. Men: This will be my last drink.
3. Women: Oh, this isn’t new. I’ve had it for ages.
4. Men: Sorry, I missed your call.
5. Women: It was in the sale.
6. Men: I’m stuck in traffic.
7. Women: I’ve got a headache.
8. Men: I didn’t have that much to drink.
9. Women: It wasn’t that expensive.
10. Men: I’m on my way.
11. Women: I don’t know where it is, I haven’t touched it.
12. Women: No, I didn’t throw it away.
13. Men: No, your bum doesn’t look big in that.
Okay, I confess. Basically I’m a very honest person. I can’t lie to save myself, but I might have used a couple of these white lies in the past.
What about you? Have you used any of these white lies?