I enjoy cooking and watching the Food Channel. Today I’m giving you a list of my favorite ones.
Thirteen Celebrity Chefs
1. Rick Stein – I like his passion for food and especially enjoy his shows outside of England. His dog Chalky was so cute. I was sad when he died.
2. Rachel Allen – she does good no-nonsense food. Her accent is very cute.
3. Jamie Oliver – I admire his passion for food and his school lunch crusade.
4. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall – I like all his River Cottage shows and especially enjoy the snippets of village life and the different customs. He does cook a few weird things though. I can do without cow stomachs. I suspect the cows would prefer to keep them too.
5. Annabel Langbein – is a New Zealand chef currently showing on our screens in the show, The Free Range Cook. She lives in Wanaka in the South Island and the scenery shown in the series is absolutely stunning. I believe the series has sold to many overseas countries so it might be on a TV near you in your future. Here’s the link to her website.
6. Gordon Ramsay – Famous for his temper and F-bombs.
7. Ainsley Harriet. I like both his cooking shows and Ready, Steady, Cook where he hosts guests and other chefs. He’s such a showman with his big, beaming smile and sense of humor.
8. Jo Seagar – Jo is a New Zealand chef. She used to live near us, but moved down to Oxford in the South Island. I hope to get my cookbook autographed when I visit Oxford in December. Here’s the link to her website.
9. James Martin – I always enjoy Saturday Kitchen and the guest chefs making omelettes as fast as they can.
10. Kylie Kwong – I enjoy Asian influences in my food.
11. Giada De Laurentiis – Giada is one of the few American chefs I will watch. Her smile is wider than…well, almost anything and her recipes are delicious. I especially enjoy her Italian recipes.
12. Ina Garten – the Barefoot Contessa.
13. Nigella Lawson – She’s my all-time favorite. Several of the others have mannerisms that irritate me but not Nigella. Her verbal descriptions of the ingredients and final product are sheer poetry that the writer in me really admires. Her recipes are easy to make and delicious too. I also like the way she enjoys food. Her midnight snacks at the end of each show make me chuckle.
Do you have a favorite celebrity chef?