I visited one of the Revive restaurants in Auckland last week and had this salad as part of my lunch. It was delicious. On my arrival home, I checked the Revive cookbook I had and was delighted to find the recipe for the salad I’d enjoyed so much.
2 medium beetroot
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
fresh mint to garnish
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons honey
juice of 1 orange
1. Place the sultanas in a bowl and pour on some boiling water.
2. Grate the carrot and the beetroot.
3. Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
4. Drain the water off the sultanas. Add these plus the sunflower seeds to the carrot/beetroot mix.
5. Pour over the dressing, combine and serve.
1. I think when I make this recipe again I’ll replace the orange with lemon because I like a less sweet flavor.
2. I reduced the amount of honey and salt in my dressing.
Do you have a favorite salad recipe?
That looks interesting. I like potato salad. My family loves my potato salad and my daughter even asked for my recipe.
A big compliment! I think there is something very comforting about potato salad, and it tastes yummy!
Oh how pretty Shelley! I don’t think I’ve ever had beetroot before. Huh!
My favorite salad recipe is Cucumber Salad. We make it for every single family event and it’s always the first thing to go. It’s so simple. Just cucumber sliced thinly then a dressing of oil, lemon, salt, pepper and sugar then chives cut over it all but oh man it’s SO good.