Hubby and I like to test new recipes, and this is our latest—a Tomato and Pesto Tart. We found the recipe at our local supermarket on one of the leaflets they give out to customers.
750 grams tomatoes
1 sheet of puff pastry (defrosted)
1 Tablespoon pesto
1 Tablespoon butter
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/428F
2. Cut the tomatoes in half.
3. Melt the butter in a pan. Place the tomatoes cut side down in the pan. Add salt and pepper and cook over a medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
4. Place a little of the juice from the tomatoes in an ovenproof dish. Gently remove the tomatoes from your pan and place cut side down in the ovenproof dish. Place as close together as possible.
5. Spread the pesto over one side of the pastry. Place the pastry over your dish of tomatoes with the pesto side down. Fold back any excess pastry.
6. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.
7. Loosen the edges and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Place a plate on top of your dish and turn your tart out so the tomatoes are on the top as above.
8. Serve with a green salad.
This tart was simple yet so, so delicious. If you’re a fan of tomatoes, you’ll love this dish.
That sounds really good and really easy to make. I love simple delicious recipes.
Me too, Mary. It was so tasty, yet looked difficult to make. It wasn’t.
LOL – I know :)
Oh yum! That looks so good Shelley!