This is a new to me recipe from Robyn Martin’s book called Bake.
150 grams butter (5 oz)
1/4 cup golden syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1 1/2 cups wholegrain oats (that’s oatmeal to Americans)
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1. Melt the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan until the butter is melted.
2. Place the coconut, oats, flour, baking powder and ginger in a bowl and add the butter mixture.
3. Combine well.
4. Line a 20 x 30 cm tin with baking paper then press mixture into the tin.
5. Bake at 180C/350F for 20 minutes or until golden.
6. Mark into squares while still warm.
1. My final result looked nothing like the picture in the recipe book. It tasted great, but I’m at a loss to explain the difference.
2. The square tasted good, but when I make it again, I think I’ll reduce the sugar a little. It was quite sweet.
3. I put a little lemon icing (frosting) on top – a sort of a drizzle – and that was a nice combination.
Have you tried any new recipes recently?
That sounds pretty good.
Ken found a twice baked potato recipe he wants me to try and brought it home. The funny thing is, while I love twice baked potatoes…I’ve never made one. I’ve seen all kinds of recipes for them and have eaten them at restaurants, but never made one myself. Hope it comes out alright.
Twice baked potatoes are delicious. I’ve never tried making them either.
This sounds pretty yummy! I’m a sweet tooth and anything like this makes me want to try the recipe!
Thanks for sharing this one!
Looks good… and perfect for snacks when I go to work too:)
Those look good, Shelley. I tried a recipe for zucchini casserole I found on Anita’s blog last week. Turned out pretty good, but there are some things I would change were I to make it again.