Last week author Jess Dee blogged at Samhain about 15 reasons she hated winter. Since it’s winter here in New Zealand, I thought I’d borrow her timely topic and do a list of Thirteen Things I Dislike About Winter.
1. It’s cold.
2. The cold means I have to dress in layers and I end up looking like a round blob just trying to stay warm.
3. It rains a lot more than usual.
4. I get cabin fever when I can’t go outside.
5. We’ve had more frosts in the last two months than we’ve had in the last five years.
6. My feet get cold.
7. It gets really windy and I can’t cycle some days.
8. The little dog and Mr. Munro leave footprints on the floor.
9. I tend to eat more. ‘Nuff said!
10. It’s dark when I wake in the morning and gets dark by late afternoon.
11. It’s difficult to get the washing dry. (I don’t have a drier)
12. The dog hates getting wet and leaves things to the last minute. I’ve learned to read the signs, but that means I have to go outside and wait. I feel mean making the wee dog stay outside in the rain because she’s old.
13. It’s not ice cream weather.
What do you dislike most about winter?