Lone Wolf, my fourth Samhain Publishing release is due out on 23 August. Corey, one of the heroes has a liking for chocolate, which R.J., the other hero indulges.
“Yeah.” R.J. gave him a quick kiss and pulled a small bar of chocolate out of his pocket. He tucked it in Corey’s waistband. “Take care, kid. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”
In honor of R.J. and Corey’s story, today I’m giving you a list of my favorite chocolate things.
Thirteen Chocolate Treats That I Adore
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies – I like the ones with huge chunks of chocolate.
2. Pain Au Chocolate – preferably still warm from the oven and partnered with a latte.
3. Hot chocolate – nothing better on a cold winter’s day.
4. Chilli chocolate – very dark chocolate with the bite of chilli peppers. Very yummy!
5. Chocolate cake – rich and moist with thick chocolate icing and partnered with a glass of cold milk.
6. A chocolate milkshake – the thick kind that is hard to drink through a straw.
7. Choccywoccydoodah – I like watching this program on TV. The shop is in Brighton, England, and their cakes look amazing!
8. Whittakers Ghana Peppermint Chocolate – this is New Zealand chocolate. It’s dark chocolate with a mint filling. They have a very cool ad, which is on Youtube, but it has an over 18 warning on it because of nudity. Link to Whittakers’ ad.
9. After dinner mints – I love the combination of chocolate and mint.
10. Moritz ice creams – various flavors of ice cream with a thick coating of chocolate that crackles when you take a bite.
11. Chocolate truffles – hubby makes some delicious ones that have a hint of orange in them. Yum!
12. Double Choc Muffins – for morning tea with a cup of coffee.
13. Scorched Almonds – I usually only eat these at Christmas time. Almonds covered with a thick coating of chocolate. Very addictive because one is not enough.
What is your favorite chocolate item?