Since I’ve just returned from holiday I thought I’d use my Pacific cruise holiday as my topic for this week’s Thursday Thirteen.
Thirteen Things I Did During My Cruise Holiday
1. I tried Line Dancing for the first time ever.
2. I went to my first art auction.
3. I went helmet-diving in Bora Bora, Tahiti. I didn’t think I’d like it, but it was fun looking at the fish face-to-face with nothing but water between us.
4. I went to a series of lectures by a marine biologist and inspiration struck for one of my stories. The lectures were great.
5. I sat under the stars on a lounger, watched some recent movies on the big screen and ate popcorn. My favorite movies were Sherlock Holmes and The Time Traveler’s Wife.
6. I went to the Apple store in Honolulu and played with an iPad. I want one!!
7. I went to the gym every morning.
8. I took some Photoshop classes.
9. I climbed and descended lots and lots of stairs. It was 107 steps from the Patisserie (where I had my mid-morning coffee) to our stateroom and 140 steps to the Horizon buffet at the top of the ship.
10. I went to the casino and donated $5 most nights. Last of the big spenders, that’s me.
11. I met the captain and several of his officers when we visited the bridge. These days the security is high and security guards accompanied us.
12. I went to a theatre show every night and saw singers, dancers, comedians, ventriloquists and magicians. Some were better than others, but my favorites were the Princess singers and dancers with their excellent stage shows.
13. I visited 13 ports and explored Tonga, Tahiti, Hawaii, Samoa, American Samoa and Fiji. We also had two nights in Sydney and attended the Royal Easter show and explored the central city and Darling Harbor.
Your best holiday ever – where did you go?