The moon is fascinating—at least I find it interesting. There is nothing more romantic than a walk under a cloudless sky with a full moon.
Facts about the moon:
- The moon is the Earth’s only natural satellite.
- The moon is 384,403 kilometers from the Earth.
- It takes the moon 27.3 days to orbit the Earth.
- Neil Armstrong was the first person to step on the moon. He is one of 12 people who have walked on the moon.
- The surface of the moon is covered with craters from collisions with comets and asteroids.
- The Earth’s tides are caused mainly by the gravitational pull of the moon.
- A lunar eclipse causes when the Earth is between the moon and the sun.
- The moon is shaped like an egg. The larger end points toward Earth.
- A survey was conducted in 1988, and 13% of those questioned believed the moon was made from cheese.
- The moon has no atmosphere.
Sometimes the moon is visible during the day, which was when this photo was taken.
There moon is the subject of many superstitions.
Here are a few:
- A full moon is when men transform into wolves.
- A full moon is a good time to start a new job or finish old business.
- A full moon can make you crazy. Police and hospitals will confirm that there are more problems around a full moon.
Do you have anything to add?
I’ve heard most of those but it still makes me laugh that people actually believe it’s made of cheese.
LOL – it makes me laugh too. I guess it does look a little like cheese. It reminds me of Wallace & Grommit where they took a trip to the moon and ate cheese.