In a couple of months hubby and I are visiting Sydney. It’s a great city with a gorgeous harbor and lots to do. I highly recommend a visit if you’re heading down this end of the world.
Thirteen Places to Visit While in Sydney
1. The harbor bridge. Walk across it, climb one of the pylons or if you have a head for heights, do the bridge climb.
2. Do a tour through the Sydney Opera House.
3. Wander around Darling Harbor and have a snack or meal at one of the many restaurants.
4. Visit the Rocks area, once the home of convicts, but now full of shops selling crafts.
5. Catch a ferry and visit Manly.
6. Wander through the botanical gardens and walk out to the point where Mrs. MacQuarie liked to sit, known locally as Mrs. MacQuarie’s Chair. It’s a bench carved out of sandstone.
7. Go swimming/people watching at Bondi Beach. Don’t forget to swim between the flags.
8. Visit Taronga zoo where the animals have one of the greatest views of the around.
9. Check out the art gallery or one of the museums. Lots of local artists.
10. Visit the Queen Victoria Building, an old restored building and now home to shops and restaurants.
11. Go to the Paddington Markets, which have been trading for 39 years. Open on Saturdays only and a perfect place to find that unique item of clothing or a souvenir.
12. Visit Hyde Park, the oldest park in Australia. There are loads of trees and plants for keen gardeners to exclaim over.
13. The Sydney Tower Eye, visible from most of the inner city and a great place to go for a 360 degree view of the city.
Of course, this is only a taste of the places to visit. There are lots of places outside the city such as the Blue Mountains and wildlife parks.
Which place would you visit first? If you’ve visited Sydney before what was your favorite part of the city? What would you recommend?